Tuesday 10 September 2013

Lashes, Lashes, Lashes

I have been debating trying false lashes for a long time now.  I have tried them before, but I've never really been happy with the results.  Either I just couldn't get them on my eye, they were uneven, or they just looked plain cheap.  Plus it seemed that I could never get them to fit my eye properly :(  SO I finally decided to invest in a nice pair and some good lash glue (instead of what comes with the lashes I had bought in the past because apparently this is a big no-no) and I'm actually pretty happy with the results.  

I learned a few things from some of the girls I work with (i.e. trimming the lashes to fit my eye, using tweezers or lash applicators to apply them, what kind of glue to buy, and to blow gently on the glue to dry it just a little before applying) and so this weekend I was adventurous and wore them to work and then out with some friends.  I was impressed because they did not budge all day and I got a lot of compliments on them.  To me, I felt like I looked like a doll, but most people said they looked pretty natural!  To try them out, I went with a naked eye (I didn't even put mascara on the bottom lashes) and a dark lip - still so in love with MAC Media lipstick!  What do you guys think?






I used the new line of Sephora Faux Lashes in a style called "Celebrity" because they looked like they gave good length and volume without being too heavy, plus they had an invisible band so I could do any look with or without liner.  It took me less time to apply these lashes than it normally does to apply my mascara!





The lashes didn't move at all during the day or my night out until midnight!  Had them on from about 8 a.m.!  First I combed and curled my natural lashes.  I used Duo Lash Glue (blue) and applied them with tweezers.  My nose always seems to get in the way, so I applied them on the center of my lid first and then used my fingers and the tweezers to push the lashes onto my lid on the corners.  After the glue was completely dry, i used black liquid liner to fill in any spaces between my lashes and the faux ones and then curled all the lashes together and applied a very thin layer of mascara to keep with the more natural look :)



I was so happy with how they turned out and lasted (once I got used to them), that I went online and ordered some from House of Lashes that I've been debating over for quite some time.  I picked up a style called Siren and one called Temptress that I've heard a lot about from many MUA'S on IG.  Their comapny has some amazing looking lashes, but for now, I think I'll stick to the more natural looking ones...maybe later I'll get a little crazy for you guys ;)  I think I may now be addicted to fake lashes...stay tuned to find out!  Stay beautiful my loves.

Make-Up, not War,

Rain xoxo




2 comments:

  1. Hey Rain,

    I just stumbled across your blog and wanted to leave a note saying how beautiful you are and keep up the awesome blog posts!

    -A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thank you, Aurora! I appreciate that a lot! This blog is my little pet and I hope it gets at least a little bigger over time! Thanks for reading <3

    ReplyDelete