Wednesday 4 September 2013

First Fall Look of the Season

I know I might be jumping the gun a little, but the weather today really inspired me to do my first Fall look of the season!  I did a bit of a makeup/wardrobe shop yesterday and got some great stuff to prep me for the upcoming cooler weather!  I have to say that I am a summer girl through and through, but I do love how cooler temperatures keep my makeup from running all over the place!  

My first stop was MAC where I picked up a lipstick called Media (check out the pics below) and I am just soooo in love.  It is an amazing deep wine that I think will probably be my go-to colour for the next few months.  I also picked up Lustre Drops in Pink from MAC as well.  Never tried them before, but I'm going to see if I can get the glossy eye look using them.  If not, they look gorgeous just on the cheeks :)  Next I stopped at Sephora and got me some plum lip liner from the Sephora Collection to go underneath my new lipstick, a pretty shimmery blue eyeshadow called Surfin U.S.A., and a gorgeous eyeshadow from the Kat Von D line called Shade Shifter - On the Road that I think compliments Media quite well.  I had to stop at Urban Planet to pick up a cheap maxi skirt for fall in a pretty plum colour.  It only cost me $10 and it has a nice slit on the left side that I love...looking forward to wearing it with some biker boots!

Anyways, the look I did this morning was in preparation for Fall and I'm pretty happy with it!  I used a lot of the products I grabbed yesterday, and I will continue to experiment! (please ignore my flyaway hairs that get in the way of the closeup picture on the bottom right...it's not a line through my makeup haha)


Face: Benefit Stay All Day Primer, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, Laura Mercier Setting Powder, NARS Laguna Bronzer, NARS Orgasm Blush, e.l.f. Baked Highlight, MAC Lustre Drops in Pink

Eyes: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo - Medium Brown, Urban Decay Primer Potion, NYX Jumbo Eyshadow Pencil - Milk, Kat Von D Shade Shifter Eyeshadow - On the Road (crease blended up), Kat Von D Eyeshadow - Orbi & Dimebag mixed (deep crease), Sephora Collection Colorful Eyeshadow - Surfin U.S.A. (lid), Kat Von D Eyeshadow - Lucifer (outer corner), Urban Decay Eyeshadow - Half Baked (center lid, applied wet), Laura Mercier Eyeshadow - Buttercream (highlight), Stile Smide Stick - Moray (lower waterline), Urban Decay 24 Hr Eyeliner - Smog (upper lid), Marc Jacobd Highliner - Blackquer (tightline), Diorshow Maximizer & Iconic Overcurl Mascara (lashes)

Lips: BITE Lip Primer, Benefit Fake Up Concealer - 02, Sephora Lip Liner - Plum, MAC Lipstick - Media  

I've been trying to edit and filter my pictures less, but it's tough when I don't always have the greatest lighting!  I can't wait until I can get my new camera and never have to worry about it again!  Possibly in 2 months? *crosses fingers*  Let me know what you guys thought of this look and any suggestions, questions, or requests are always welcome :)  Stay beautiful!


Make-Up, not War,

Rain xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment