Thursday 12 September 2013

Contouring/Face Sculpting

So, I am trying to get a little more into face sculpting/contouring with cream products.  I picked up a contouring wheel from Lise Watier a couple of days ago and decided to test it out this morning.  Normally I just contour with powder products like my bronzer, blush, and highlight.  It works well for the darker applications I think, but for some reason powder highlight just doesn't do it for me...I don't get that bright, creamy look I always want.  This morning I spent a little extra time on my face applying product, but I am happy with the results.  I need a little more practice I think and I need to get a proper blending brush (right now I am using my Beauty Blender), but I got that sculpted look I was after.  However, I think the pictures turned out a little better than what I think it looks like in real life...in the mirror I almost feel like I just have dirty face?  Maybe it's just because I am not used to how sculpted it looks or maybe I need to blend a little more?  I will keep practicing and once I have it down, I'll do a pictorial!  I think it might be that I need to wet the Lise Watier cream before applying it because it is quite thick and I might need to dampen my sponge a little more for blending.  Overall though, I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out :)



 When I picked up the contouring wheel from Shopper's Drugmart, I also picked up a Quo eye pencil in this gorgeous shimmery green...I just couldn't resist it!  Lise Watier also has a correcting wheel that comes with a lilac and a green portion, but I really wanted the dark colour for contouring.  I might pick up the correcting wheel another time though :)






I applied foundation first and concealed under my eyes and fixed any blemishes before I applied the highlight and contour with a concealer brush.  I then blended the products out and together with a damp Beauty Blender.  In hindsight, I think it needed to be just a liiiiittle more wet, but I still like the results :)  I've always loved that high, sculpted cheekbone look, but powder just wasn't giving me the results I wanted...with a little more practice, I think this just might become a staple in my routine!

I'd really love to hear feedback from you guys on how you think this turned out?  I'm not very impartial when it comes to my own face :p  Also would make me super happy to see comments on what you guys want to see or any questions you might have?  Let me know!  Stay beautiful <3

Make-Up, not War,

Rain xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment