Wednesday 28 August 2013

Socialite

I told you last night that I'd have a look done with Coloured Rain 's Socialite lipstick!  I couldn't be happier with this GORGEOUS nude!  It is a true nude and very pale, so if you're not used to a pale pout, this might also take some getting used to. I personally love the look of a dark, smoky eye and a nude lip, so this really compliments my go-to makeup style, especially for going out.

I decided to go with a deep purple smoky eye to pair with Socialite, but any smoked out look would work (I also thought about doing a green smoky eye, but it didn't match my outfit :p ...maybe next time!).  Socialite also works perfectly as a base for creating your own lip concoction and I will definitely be doing that soon!  I might actually mix Socialte and VVS Lipsynch to get an even paler Lavender, which I think would be gorgeous!  Here is how it turned out!



My collage look as per usual ;)  One of these days I will start using fake lashes in my looks.  The only thing I worry about is that fake lashes really do amp up ANY look, but I know that if I start to use them regularly, I will not be able to stop!  I am blessed with quite curly lashes, so I try to make due :)












The overall look I am really happy with!  I think this is a great going-out or date-night look and I only used 3 eyeshadow colours!  So it didn't take me long at all :)
















Before using any shadow, I applied my Urban Decay Primer Potion.  I then applied a deep purple in the crease and blended up toward the brow bone.  I enhanced the crease by applying a matte black directly into the crease and outer corner.  Then I applied a brighter purple to the lid.  On the lower lashline I used Tarina Tarantino purple pencil liner, and to finish off I applied my Diorshow Maximizer and Diroshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara.














I just loooove how a good nude can make your pout look, well...pouty!  I still recommend priming, perfecting, and lining, even with a nude lip colour.  I used my Bite Lip Primer, Benefit's Fake-Up Concealer no. 2, and a clear lip liner before applying Socialite.  When my full face was finished, I used Urban Decay's De-Slick Spray to set my makeup.







I'm actually torn because I might like Socialite better than the Sephora nude I had recommended before in my previous post on My Favourite Products!  I will have a verdict by the end of the day once I see how it wears, but if the other colours I own from Coloured Raine are any indication, I'm going to be very happy!  I will fill you all in!  Please don't forget to comment with any questions or looks you'd like to see!  Next up: a pictorial on how to apply your foundation with a brush vs. a sponge!  Stay tuned, lovelies!


Make-up, not War,

Rain xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment