Tuesday 27 August 2013

Crazy Colour

In my previous post called, "Retro Glamour," I talked about finding the right red lipstick for your colouring and preferences.  I also talked about how it takes some practice to get used to wearing bright colours on your lips; that was no lie.  I've had tons of practice over the past year (since I really started to get into makeup as artistry) and I can tell you that I am now totally obsessed with the craziest colours for lipsticks.  I even go out of my way to try on the newest colours and I wear them in public on a regular basis; I LOVE IT!  

I know it can really be hard to get used to, but once you do it really opens you up to a world of colour and makes your more willing to try other things too!  You really can pull off all those things you think you can't...you've just gotta give it a try!  I started by just wearing the colours around the house to get used to seeing myself with a crazy lip, then I wore them in front of family and close friends to see how it felt, and then just full bore out in public and I haven't turned back since!

My new favourite lipstick is by a lovely woman that calls her line Coloured Raine.  It is very fitting because everything in it just creams amazing colour!  Some of the colours are a little out there for me to wear in public, but I would LOVE to do some inspired looks with them!  Right now, I have 4 of her colours: Lipnotize, VVS Lipsynch, Socialite, and Candy Girl (temp. out of stock).  I really honestly want them all!  They are so pigmented and true-to-colour and all of them are matte - my fave!  If you want to try a new lipstick line OR if you want to try out a new colour, this is where you want to look.  

I just received my order of VVS Lipsynch and Socialite in the mail yesterday, so I decided to do a look...I just couldn't resist.  Since I don't own a colour like VVS, I chose that one first, but don't worry!  Socialite will get an equally awesome look soon :)  Take a boo at how it turned out...call this one Lucky Lavender!



Even though this is very obviously not a natural lip colour, I am still just so mesmerized by it.  In my opinion, it's still classy while also being sexy and a little out-there.  I just did a simple gold and brown soft smoky eye to pair it with.









For the eyes I used Urban Decay's Naked Palette, Sephora Brown and Gold Liquid Liners, Urban Decay Smog Pencil Liner, Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Medium Brown, Diorshow Maximizer, and Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara. (I love the way brown and gold and purple go together, so I just went with something simple)


I used Bite Lip primer to prep and prime my lips, I then perfected the lip line with Benefit's Fake-Up Concealer no. 2, lined the lips with a clear lip liner, and went to town with VVS Lipsynch!  I topped it off with a little Buxom Gloss called Princess (a really pretty, iridescent, pink-ish purple) and I love that it gave a little shine to my pout!  Though I am still a matte girl through-and-through!


I am really happy with the way this looked turned out and I would definitely wear it out.  I honestly think most people could pull this look off too!  Great for a night on the town :)

Please feel free to comment on this look and let me know if there is anything you would like to see!  I love experimenting, so challenge me ;) If you have any questions, leave it in the comments section and I will always answer!  Stay beautiful, lovelies!

Make-Up, not War,

Rain xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment